The day-to-day roles and responsibilities of a Training Coordinator may vary depending on location, type of project and size, and may include duties that are essential to the successful management and execution of business on behalf of Nechi Institute: Centre of Indigenous Learning. This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Assume all responsibility for effectively coordinating the inhouse training program.
- Assume responsibility for reporting any concerns regarding training matters in a timely manner according to the severity of the concern.
- Review all training reports ensuring compliance, reliability, and accuracy before submitting to the CEO for approval.
- Provide a summary of activity for that quarter to the Organization Quarterly Report.
- Coordinate regular Training Team Meetings to review and assist with recruitment activity, attend Case Conferencing sessions and record notes for the CEO, and other meetings as required.
- Responsible for program delivery, marketing, and promotions.
- Monitor administration of program agreements, including funder requests.
- Track all accounts receivables that pertain to Training and programs, as requested by the CEO.
- Review, identify, and coordinate program updates and instructional resources.
- Monitor both in-house and off-site training programs, curriculum, textbook resource inventory, etc.
- Review and edit the annual course calendar, adding, deleting relevant programs.
- Responsible to develop and administration of the internship program.
- Deliver training in a knowledgeable, effective, receptive manner. Identifies and communicates opportunities for Nechi training with prospective students and communities.
- To plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the inhouse training activities of Nechi Institute.
- Ascertain the appropriate methodology, materials and equipment required for each project, training set or course in consultation with co-trainers including researching the most up to date information and resources for new or ongoing programs. Review all training maps, lesson plans, and classroom schedules for program instructors/trainers and prepare for CEO approval.
- Work cooperatively and supportively with trainers, staff and students.
- Participates in giving and receiving feedback to students and co-workers in a professional and caring manner.
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in Adult Education, however a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Education, with a management background or related experience will be considered.
- Experience as a training specialist required, with extensive knowledge in curriculum development.
- Knowledge of FOIP and PIPPA legislations regarding privacy laws.
- Knowledge of training, planning, developing, and facilitating practices and methodologies; designing, evaluation, group dynamics, and communication/lecturing skills.
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills with a history of successful employment in similar positions. Good business, public relations and leadership ethics are essential. Must work well both independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture, language, organization and communities as well as an understanding of community development is a definite asset.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an ability to travel are required.
It is an expectation that all employees role model the qualities inherent in the Institute: honesty, integrity, sound judgment and a sincere commitment to healing and addictions-free lifestyles. In this spirit, Nechi Institute requires, as a condition of employment, all employees agree to abstain from the use of alcohol and/or illicit drugs at all times. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter, resume, salary expectation, and three (3) letters of reference to the Chief Executive Officer.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 8, 2017
- SALARY MUST BE CLEARLY IDENTIFIED IN THE COVER LETTER
Nechi Institute: Centre of Indigenous Learning
P.O. 2039, Station Main
St. Albert, AB T8N 2G3
Fax: (780) 458-1883 or Email: email@example.com